Monday, September 15, 2008

Precancerous...

It was at 5:27 in the evening when the call came in. The voice on the other end sounded vaguely familiar, but yet I could not place it right away. When the caller identified herself my heart paused for a beat anxiously awaiting the purpose of the call. The nurse went on to announce that my daughter's mole was indeed precancerous. She reassured me that the doctor did remove it all. Jasmyn will be required to keep it bandaged for an additional 10-14 days. The nurse then proceeded to tell me of the Neurologist appointment in Denver the morning following Jasmyn's 12th birthday.
This was all a lot to take in at once. I guess I need some processing time. Dolan and I are in the discussion mode now. We are torn. When we had first discussed with the doctor the options for seeing a pediatric neurologist, we were leaning more towards going to the Denver area for the reason of we are able to stay with my brother and his wife. Now that the time has come to put our noses to the grind stone, we are second guessing our decision. Are we choosing due to financial reasons or are we choosing the best place to diagnose and treat Jasmyn? For right now, we will be in prayer.

3 comments:

Blackmans said...

WOW! I have no words... we will be praying! Let me know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with all the decisions and I wish you all the best! Be thankful that it was caught now! Our prayers are with you and your family!

Connie Lawless said...

Baby steps Charlie, baby steps! Start with one doctor and go from there. Listen to your heart, your gut. I am praying for you.