Sunday, September 14, 2008

A much needed day out...

Today we took a much needed little break from everyday life. Only Dolan and Jasmyn went to church today. I started the day out with a headache and Hannah still had a runny nose. Let me back up a bit on my story and it will all fall together...about a week ago Hannah figured out that there is a nice "click" when the button on her bedroom door gets pushed...THE LOCK! She discovered this while she was playing in her bedroom, with the door shut. There is not even a keyhole to try and pick this lock. She also is not capable of operating regular round door knobs. The hinges to her door are on the inside so that wasn't even an option. Needless to say we were a little worried. I was almost to the point of breaking a window to get to her. Don't worry, she was only locked in for about a total of three minutes before Dolan and I put our heads together and figured it out. After tools I went and Dolan studied Jasmyns bedroom door. We removed the trim from around the door and used a screwdriver to release the latch. That simple. Dolan ended up pulling the locking pin out of the door. It is a temporary solution and it works. The door does not lock anymore. YAY! Friday evening we had the same situation happen but on our bedroom door. This one was not so complicated because the hinges are on the outside. Again it happened today with our door. So Dolan was ready to go to Menards in Northplatte to purchase three new door knobs(without locks). So to Northplatte we went. We went to the mall, shopped, and played. Hannah had fun walking through the stores, running in the hall, and playing on the kiddie rides. Jasmyn had fun mall shopping. She is getting to the age where she actually likes "window" shopping. I have been waiting a long time to enjoy shopping with her. While Jasmyn and I "shopped," Dolan entertained Hannah. Then we switched off and I entertained Hannah while Dolan and Jasmyn went off. After the mall we had supper then headed to Menards. They were already closed. Oh well. It just means we will have to make another trip one of these days. I don't mind. Hannah rides well now so the trips are actually enjoyable. Here is Hannah in the helicopter. She enjoyed it for the first ten seconds and then was bored. Ah, life with a child that has a short attention span. :)
This was Hannah's favorite! The carousel. She even played on it for quite a while without it moving.
Queen Hannah. Enjoying supper.
I snuck a picture of Jasmyn.
That was our day. Not much, but it did wonders to refresh for the week ahead.

No comments: