Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Basketball Filled Day...

Saturday was Jasmyn's day for basketball. In the morning was the Junior High Booster Tournament. The girls ended up taking third. They played very well. Here is a shot from warm-ups.Jasmyn laughing with Cassidy.

Jasmyn on the rebound.
Our girls are so fast, they're a blur of motion.



Jasmyn stealing the ball.




Cassidy and Jasmyn after their first game. They lost but had fun and played well.
This is in their next game. Jasmyn looks determined...remind me not to make her mad.

Ball being passed to Jasmyn.
The team with their trophy.


Later in the day we headed to Southern Valley. It is a new consolidated school located between Oxford and Orleans. Here are the High School girls waiting to play the finals. This was the first high school basketball game that Dolan and I were able to make it to this season. This is also my first year learning about basketball. There are quite a few rules to this game. Also, last night, I learned that we, as Bronco fans, have a very neat tradition. The fans stand and Cheer as the Broncos come on the court and then remain standing until they make their first point.



A little play. I didn't get too many pictures of them because they move way too fast. So, now I am aware that before Jasmyn heads into high school I will need a new camera that is better capable to take the fast action shots.

Girls receiving their medals. They came in second place at the RPAC tournament.

Here is Cassidy filming the high school game.

Jasmyn is a student manager for the high school girls basketball team. I snagged this photo of her while she was watching the teams equipment. Again, remind me not to make her mad. ;P

No comments: