Thursday, October 16, 2008

A peaceful afternoon...

This afternoon was relatively peaceful at Smith Acres. Jasmyn was busy finishing up an art project for school and Hannah was preoccupied. I have recently come up with a way to display Jasmyn's art. While shopping the other day I came across picture frames. One in particular caught my eye. It was a 24x36 wood frame. I picked it up and decided that it would be perfect. I could fit numerous art pieces in it. It would also work to display them for a while then change them out as new ones are acquired. I did have to find a background for it though. A nice piece of leather (tan, with embellishment). It works perfectly and matches the living room quite well! I now have artwork in the main room! I am certain that when Jasmyn gets this latest one back and graded it will be the newest addition to the showcase.
Jasmyn working hard and concentrating.This is what Hannah was preoccupied with. Sleeping! This is what happens when the household toddler refuses to take a nap. First, the grouchiness starts and then, the lack of ability to hold ones eyes open. This was the peaceful moment.

She just has the longest lashes! This picture shows them off well.

2 comments:

Bley's Blog said...

Your frame was a great idea! Hannah is such a cutie, I love the last picture of her sleeping. So sweet.

Darlene said...

My favorite pictures are of people sleeping - especially babies and toddlers.

Jasmyn has a lot of talent - wish I had a little natural art ability :)