- For family and friends both far and near. Because sometimes those closest to you know the least about you.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Another quick update...
Dolan goes to the Nebraska Heart Institute in North Platte to have some tests done on his heart and stint tomorrow. I have to have him there by 7:45am to start the prepping for the catherization. The procedure is scheduled to start at 9:15am and should only take 45 minutes if all goes well. I am being cautious and maybe too over prepared and packing for three days just in case we have to go to Lincoln. Hopefully they will be able to determine the cause of these "episodes." The bad thing is not knowing. Maybe if we knew there is at least a possibility that we could control or treat it depending on the outcome. The nurse who I had talked to today informed me that Dolan was supposed to have received instruction to quit a medicine. HE NEVER RECEIVED THAT INSTRUCTION!!!! That according to the nurse was a BIG mishap!!! She also informed me that the earliest Dolan will be allowed to go back to work will be Friday. He will not be able to move his wrist for three days and no driving for at least 24 hours after the procedure. He also may NOT take his diabetes medication for the next 4 days due to the increased risk of stroke during and after the procedure. HOW SCARY!!! Then the next instruction was to take an aspirin the morning of the procedure to lower the risk of stroke...Bad and good...They kinda cancel themselves out just a little. I guess we just have to be more careful on watching what he eats for the rest of the duration of the week. Make sure we don't raise his blood sugar level. We should be doing that anyways. I have really been spoiling him since this ordeal. Well, that's about it for now. I'll keep you updated on all of the news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment