We took our family vacation from the 13th of June to the 21st. We decided to go to Yellowstone National Park. We took the long way through the Black Hills of South Dakota. It is very beautiful country! Vacation was very much needed and also very trying. Hannah is potty-trained...except with the lack of communication she does not tell when she has to go. She just normally goes. With her being in the booster seat a lot I decided to use pull-ups when we were going to be driving for a while. She did very well. No accidents while we were driving...only when we were out of the car. The kids had fun and after all was said and done I think Dolan had a good time too.
These are in Sutherland at the roadside park. First stop on our way up to Chadron, NE.
Jasmyn had made herself the stupidity sheriff. If Hannah started doing something that was not quite the brightest she would pipe up with "Don't be stupid." We heard a lot of that during our trip!

Back in the car again! Excited to be going!

We stopped at Car-henge.

Swimming in the pool in Chadron.
Hot Springs, South Dakota. Absolutely gorgeous!
Testing the water temp.
Jasmyn climbed all the way up into a cave type thing to have her picture taken.
My crew.
My girls.

Crazy horse. It hasn't changed in the last 19 years that I can see.
The nature gates.
In Custer, SD was an attraction. Dolan and I thought it would be fun to go to. The girls did have fun even though the theme was lost on them...oh well. Guess we are old. Welcome to Bedrock and have yabba-dabba-do time with the Flintstones.
Dolan with the Bedrock Babes.

"Beep! Beep!"

This is how we roll...old school.
The souvenir shop had a hat that Jasmyn just loved...not to buy. She only wanted her picture taken in it.
Mount Rushmore.

The Cosmos. WOW!!!! It was one of the highlights from our trip! I did get a little dizzy and disorientated.

If you ask Jasmyn what her favorite part of vacation was, she would say that it was Devil's Tower. Dolan, Jasmyn, and Hannah walked all the way around it.
Going for a hike.
Dolan was attacked by a bear...so he says.
Yellowstone. I only ventured through a little of the park. On the second day of Yellowstone Hannah and I stayed back at the motel. I'm am pretty sure Dolan and Jasmyn enjoyed that as much as Hannah and I did.
Back in the car again! Excited to be going!
We stopped at Car-henge.
Swimming in the pool in Chadron.
Crazy horse. It hasn't changed in the last 19 years that I can see.
"Beep! Beep!"
This is how we roll...old school.
The Cosmos. WOW!!!! It was one of the highlights from our trip! I did get a little dizzy and disorientated.
4 comments:
This was fun for me because I've been to every one of these places!! Seriously! I'm glad you had a good trip, and congrats to Dolan on the Father of the Year thing. When I read Jasmyn's essay in the paper, I got a little choked up.
looks like you all had a wonderful time
Looks like a great trip...but always good to be home! :)
Amy got choked up reading her Father's Day essay too! Dolan was definitely deserving of the award, even amongst the wonderful dads nominated!
Post a Comment