Let me just start off with wishing you a wonderful Easter! Hannah participated in her first Easter egg hunt this year. She was unsure to start out but then quickly warmed up to it and actually collected quite a few eggs.

When we first arrived at the park here in Palisade Hannah was a little confused...we weren't going to play on the playground.

The excitement!

Collecting the eggs.

Hannah didn't want to give up her basket full of wonderful colored eggs...but when she found out that she had grabbed the winning egg, she gladly did so...only for a moment. She won a bunny!

Hannah holding her loot.

She enjoyed that Easter egg hunt so much we decided to take her to Wauneta so she could hunt for eggs there. We even got to see the Easter bunny! Hannah wasn't too sure of that Ole bunny but got close enough to take a piece of candy.

Entertaining herself and everyone close by while waiting for the egg hunt to begin. Silly girl!

Jasmyn was even willing to go. Don't let this photo fool you. She did have a good time.

Here is the proof of the fun she was having.

Here is Hannah hunting in Wauneta. I didn't take as many pictures...it was just a little hectic. The hunt was held inside at least...the weather is just a little cool today.

Pelicans! A whole bunch of pelicans!

And the best part! Right here in Palisade!
3 comments:
Where are the pelicans? I must know! (for Breeze purposes)
Obviously on a body of water 'round here so that narrows it down quite a bit, huh? Why are they here? I have so many questions...
Oh, and the preschool egg hunt in Wauneta was insane. I wanted to throw myself on the floor and have a little temper tantrum. A little to confined and WAY too many people in that hot little space. Yeesh!
Dave,
The pelicans are just there north of Palisade...right north of Wards. That little swampy pond. They have been here for a while according to Jasmyn. The see them on the school bus. There are also the usual herrings and not so usual loons. I tried to get a picture of the loons but it turned out blurry. Hopefully, and no doubt you will have better luck, especially with your camera! ;)
I almost did have a temper tantrum as well. Evidently I had people say hi to me, according to Dolan and I was just way too focused on finding the door to get a breath of air. WOW! What an awesome madhouse! The kids loved it!!!!
They certainly loved it but my claustrophobia felt as though it was being taunted...
I will head over and photograph the pelicans. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for the tip, even though you totally got the scoop on that one!
Post a Comment