Wednesday, March 4, 2009

An updated room...

Here are a few pictures of Hannah's updated room. The wall color is "Little Leaf" and the trim is "Sweetest Dreams". As much as I love the colors the pictures do not do them justice. Click on either one of the color names and it will direct you to the website for a better view. Then click on the "get details" arrow. Jasmyn even donated some of her "younger" items to help with the updating.In these photos the kitty pictures are from Jasmyn.
The detail work on the doors are not quite finished. The finishing touches should be done this weekend.



I painted these pictures for Hannah when I was still pregnant with her. I can't seem to put them away yet.




"HANNAH"
I painted those some time ago. They look good with the decals.
Hannah was happy to see her furniture go back into her room today. She was especially happy to see her toy-box and get into it. She has literally pulled all her toys out and played with ever single one. I guess she has missed them. All in all Hannah seems pretty darn happy today for numerous reasons...her room is once again hers, she found her missing toys, she is allowed back into her room, and she keeps saying her room is "pwiddy!". She also likes the kitty posters that Jasmyn donated. Hannah points to them and mews.
Next project...Jasmyn's room.
Bring on the purple!

8 comments:

The Hagan Clan said...

looks awesome! You did a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Hannah isn't potty trained yet? I guess I figured she was by now. Neat room though!

Wheeler Family said...

Looks really cute!

The Hicks Family said...

I think the room looks great! If you are ever bored you can come help me with my projects!

As far as the previous comment about Hannah being potty trained, HOW RUDE!! It's easy to be Anonymous and say things through a computer screen. That is just uncalled for! Every child is ready in their own time! In all my years caring for children I have witnessed this first hand! I have changed diapers on a 6 year old, and he was not ready to be trained! Then there is another extreme I was trained at 15 months. There is no set age and you know that it is not forever!

Charlie, I think you are doing a great job with your children. It shows! Keep up the great work!

Charlie said...

Thank you Crystal. But to be honest I didn't take offense to the anonymous comment. It is still quite the shock to me as well that Hannah isn't trained yet. She has been very close...went a full week without diapers with very FEW accidents. Then on day 8 decided she had enough. She wouldn't even attempt to make it to her potty-chair anymore. It wasn't the messes on the floor that made me stick her back in diapers because honestly, we could have battled through that...it is the fact that Hannah can not tell me or others that she has to go. We have another hearing test scheduled in May. That is right...Hannah doesn't really talk and the few...maybe 10...words that she does say all sound alike. We have been working with signs and she does know a few.
but that doesn't help that issue either.
Again, Thank You Crystal. I do however agree with you on anonymity. And with the fact that all children are ready in their own time. And not just in potty-training. Hannah has opened my eyes to that. God sure does have a way of humbling us!

Bley's Blog said...

I love it, Charlie...great job!

sixbehrs said...

Pwiddy!!!! I really, really like it. It is so fresh and springy-looking and will make her feel like a pwincess!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hurt your feeling crystal, but I was simply referring to the fact that I thought Charlie had begun with the potty training. In fact, I do believe I had a conversation down town with Charlie one day where she told me about how good Hannah was doing with not having accidents. It was not meant to be rude, simply inquisitive. For the record, I know exactly what it is like to potty train a child, and was not trying to be RUDE.