Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Royal Breakfast...

On the third Saturday of the month, I wake up before the sun. I head out to start breakfast for anywhere between 12-30 guys. The breakfast is held for a men's group at our church. It is called...The Royal Order Of Red Suspenders. Dolan takes part in this. It is a really great ministry. The guys go out into the surrounding communities and help do tasks around the house for those who are no longer capable. For example, this year they have painted, helped move, cleaned lawns, etc. I try to keep breakfast simple, and for the most part the guys are easy to please. This past Saturday the fellas got sausage, eggs, toast, and fruit. This past Saturday was kind of a special meeting. The guys were to inspect and pray over a building.
I am usually there to fix breakfast by 6:00am. Sometimes earlier. Hannah shows up with Dolan at 8:00am. She helps with the clean-up. She likes to help with the dishes and wiping of the tables. She also receives a nice warm meal for her labor. Only two and already earning her keep. Here are some pictures from last Saturday.

3 comments:

sixbehrs said...

I just noticed that Hannah is 2 yrs., 2 mo., 2 weeks, and 2 days old today!!! That's sure a lot of two's isn't it??? As the mother you can probably attest to the fact that she's very "two", huh!!??

Charlie said...

Very, undeniably, and utterly, TWO!

Wheeler Family said...

haha-so I asked Marty if breakfast was good & he said "yeah. I think so. I was still sleeping"-LOL!!!!!!!! It made me laugh.