Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Potty Time Edition...


Today is the day that Potty-training begins. I have the training panties, the plastic pants, the potty book for girls, the potty chair, and an uncooperative Hannah. Hannah shows signs of being ready but refuses to use the potty. Frankly, with the removal of her clothes and diapers, I am a little tired of cleaning the floor all the time.

There is a HUGE difference between potty training Jasmyn and Hannah. Jasmyn was ready! Very few accidents...didn't even need the training pants or plastic pants. She enjoyed going on the potty. Hannah...very stubborn and wants nothing to do with the potty.

I've heard of bribing children with candy...I may have to try that. We also have the chart and stickers. What I am missing is a child who wants to be a "big girl". She has been introduced to the potty chair on numerous occasions, not to be potty trained, just to get her comfortable with it. She has even gone on it a few times. She just doesn't seem to want to. She is not afraid of the potty chair either. She sits on it but refuses to go. I believe we both just need to have patience.
Any thoughts or ideas would be welcomed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sit the potty chair in front of the television and have her sit on it while watching one of her favorite tv shows .. give her some apple juice while she's sitting on it .. she will for sure have to go then! Haha, just let her sit on while watching tv so it doesnt stress her out so much ..

sixbehrs said...

I don't know that I have any ideas for you...I'm just glad I'm done with this portion of life :) She'll go when she decides to go....might now be when mommy wants her to, but it will happen. Oh, and we did use M&M's as a bribe!!! I'm not ashamed to say it.

teddybears place said...

i remmebr with aletha i got so stressed i finally said i give up and then the next thing i knew she was using the potty so dont get to stressed or hanna getting stressed it wont do any of ya'll any good

Connie Lawless said...

Leave the potty chair out, but don't make her sit on it. Talk about being a big girl, read the book. Encourage, encourage her.... talk talk talk, very light hearted. She will come around. When she does she will train herself in a few days.

Unknown said...

I was reading something about potty training the other day, and they said not to make her feel like she has to. I guess if you take a relaxed approach, she will decide to do it on her own. Just like anybody else, if they feel pressured, they will dot he opposite. Hope things turn around quickly for you. I know i'm not looking forward to potty training Jabin. I'm going to try to make JP do a good portion of that.