Friday, November 7, 2008

A dangerous game...Ring around the Rosie...

We spent this evening in the emergency room. While playing "Ring around the Rosie" with her baby doll, Hannah fell before the fall down ending and twisted her ankle. It is not like Hannah to cry very long over getting hurt...about 30seconds will due before she is off and running around again. Today it was different. Every time she put weight on her foot she screamed. We waited a while before taking her in just to see if it would pass. She eventually could put a little weight on her foot but still cried and preferred to just sit. Well, me being the worry-wort that I am packed up and had us go to the ER. The doctor came in and examined her...she had quite a bit of tenderness and swelling. He ordered x-rays. The x-rays were the hardest part. Hannah was not having any part of that! When the results came in they found nothing broken, so we were sent home to ice packs and Motrin. It is heart breaking to have her like this...so opposite from her usual self. Here she is playing with the glass window in the ER.

3 comments:

sixbehrs said...

I'm glad nothing was broken. You know, I'm thinking that your life with Baby Hannah will never be boring, Charlie!!

The Hicks Family said...

I have to agree! With Hannah you will never have a dull day! I am also glad it wasn't broken!

Mack and Tammy said...

So glad to hear nothing broken. Mommy's heart always break with our kids pain. Hope all is better now.