Monday, August 11, 2008

Jasmyn news...

Jasmyn had her 7th grade physical today. She has been cleared for all sports with no restrictions. She says she wants to go out for volleyball. I hope that she does. While she was with the doctor, he noticed a few things. First was a mole. It is very irregular in shape and has three distinct colors as well as rough texture. He asked about it and I had to tell him that it is fairly new. It as only popped up within the last three years. So now a biopsy is scheduled. Second, he is concerned about her "tremors". This was brought up when she was being tested for her migraines and since the CT scan came back normal it was pretty much a closed case. He wants to re-examine and hopefully find the cause to these tremors. She hasn't always had them. I would say that the first onset that I noticed was around third grade. Jasmyn would have been about eight years old then. The tremors seem to get worse the older she becomes. Jasmyn now has to do a fasting lab. If the blood work doesn't show anything then Jasmyn will be referred to either Lincoln, Omaha, or Denver for a pediatric neurological work-up.
Went in for a sports physical and came out with a list to get checked out. We are grateful that we are getting all this checked out. As far as everything else goes Jasmyn is healthy.

3 comments:

Blackmans said...

Wow!! We will be praying everything turns out ok!

Wheeler Family said...

Going through tests is no fun for kids. Or parents! Hope it all turns out ok.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you all. Tell Jasmine to ask God to help her (and you)get thru this & He will help! He is there for each one of us! I asked for His help last Wednesday when I was having serious problems & he blessed me so much! Love to you all....