Yesterday Jasmyn had her piano recital. She did a really great job. She received a certificate and a medal. Jasmyn really liked the medal.
Jasmyn for a while has been stating that she doesn't want to take piano lessons any more. I was assuming that it was due to her being nervous about the piano recital. Even though the recital went wonderfully for Jas, she still does not want to continue. She claims she doesn't like the practicing, and frankly, I'm tired of her attitude towards it! She whines, complains, and tries to get by with "good enough" and I am frustrated with her whole outlook on it. Jasmyn is very gifted on the piano. She has done an outstanding job for just starting piano 7 months ago. She has also done it without any help from me or her father. Neither of us play, so it has been strictly her and her 30 minutes a week with Mrs. B. She has taken to the piano like a fish in the water, but when it comes to practicing her attitude is that of a fish washed ashore struggling for breath. I am to the point that I just want to give in and let her give up the piano, yet I don't want to let her go without an extra activity. She needs to be involved in something. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to leave a comment. Oh, and yes, piano was her idea. I thought that if I let her pick it, she would want to do it. Not the case.
3 comments:
Thats horrible! Jaz is wonderful at the piano!! I suggest you reward her with small things every week she continues to do it, such as a candy bar or dessert when you go out to eat. Then for a big reward after 3 or 4 months, let her pick out something from a catalog to order. Or, if you're brave, let the reward be Jonas Brother related, I KNOW she will continue if the Jonas Brothers are involved !!! Best of Luck!
Well, that certainly bumms me out. I didn't realize she hates practicing so much. Most kids do for a while, though, and then it gets to the point where it's more fun. But I will do some thinking about it, and see if I can help her to like it more.
i will if THE JONAS BROS are involved in it. like if i can get a piano book full of jb songs (which i did!) i would SOOOOOO do it! and it was my moms idea at first!
Post a Comment