This week I have been keeping busy. Dolan and I decided that since we had some left over vinyl from the bathroom project (pictures will be posted at a later date) that we would lay it down in our front entry. It took a lot longer than what it should have just because I had to work around Hannah's schedule. Basically I only worked on it while she was napping. As you can see from the pictures below, under the carpet was beautiful oak hard wood floors. Dolan and I are not hard wood floor fans. We actually have hard wood floors all the way through out the house, and even in the basement. All of it is covered up now except the basement. In the future Dolan plans on ripping that up (a good place for termites to start) and laying down a different floor(type undetermined as of this date). Here is my work on the front room entry...
My attempt at floor leveler. I know it doesn't look that great but I had to fill all the holes made by a thousand nails and staples. At least the carpet wasn't glued down (I still have to battle that one in the kitchen). Oh, and yes, all the excess filler had to be removed.
After in the off room...
After in the main room part.
I still need to purchase some quarter round (to hide my gaps) and Dolan says he wants to repaint in there now. I also need to purchase two thresh-holds.
And as you can see from the picture, the new flooring looks a lot like our carpeting.
1 comment:
You've been busy!!! I can't believe you did that all by yourself. I need you to teach me. You know when you get a free minute!! LOL!
Post a Comment