Saturday, March 29, 2008

A week of illness!

Monday evening Hannah came down with the stomach flu. Tuesday morning she also had a temp of 102.3. After calling the doctor and the doc saying to wait 24 hours, Hannah started getting worse. Come Wednesday morning Hannah had to be woke up after 12 hours of sleep and then wouldn't stay awake. She was very unlike herself...she normally is extremely active but in this case was not moving much at all. We ended up going to the doctors office. Our usual doc was out but the one that we saw wanted to put her in the hospital for an IV. After he reviewed Hannah's chart decided against it. He didn't want to put her through the pain of digging and searching for her veins to have them not be found again. So we were given strict instructions, (same as the last hospital stay) and sent home. We were also told that this was normally just a 24 hour thing. (Not for Hannah) By Friday Hannah was herself again except now she has a runny nose. We are now 16 and 3/4 months without an ear infection. For some reason the doc was surprised at that.
Friday Dolan stayed home from work, he ended up with this crud as well. He slept most of the day yesterday with only a few lucid moments. I had escaped this horrid illness up until last night. Now I'm lying down with the chills and aches.
Jas has avoided this so far. She has stayed at Grandmas, 1 for the lack of getting to her bedroom because of the work in the bathroom, and 2 because I didn't want her to come down with this so I've kept her away. I hope she remains healthy.
Hopefully you all can avoid this.

1 comment:

Blackmans said...

I'm sorry to hear you got it! I hope you feel better soon! I'll call you on Monday and check in on you!!