Friday, January 18, 2008

The Results...

This morning the call from the Dr came in. There is good news and not so good news. First off, there were no tumors or abnormalities found in the scan. Praise the Lord!!! Now for the "not so good" news... Jasmyn just has unexplained migraines. They will more than likely happen her whole life and during certain times, when hormones fluctuate, will be worse. The Dr has recommended a prescription pain killer most commonly used for those with Rheumatoid arthritis because of the severity and how young she is. The Dr also stated that as Jasmyn gets older, she will be able to recognize a migraine before it actually hits so she will be able to try to head it off. I find it horrible that she will have to deal with these for the rest of her life, yet there is nothing that I can do to rid her of them. I am also relieved that nothing major medically is wrong. At least this is something we can deal with. And with time, will get easier.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie,
So good to hear that there was nothing major wrong! Although I am sure Jas thinks it is pretty major! Aren't blogs wonderful?
Josie

Bley's Blog said...

Glad the MRI showed up nothing bad, and we will be praying for Jasmine and her headaches, that is no fun.

sixbehrs said...

What a bummer that she has to deal with something like this, especially at her age. But it's good that you took her in and got it checked out, so at least now you can help her deal with it.

Blackmans said...

I'm glad it was nothing major, but sorry she has to indure the migraines!!! We'll be praying for her!!

Anonymous said...

That is good news, but darn it about the other news. I know they're awful, but it's good to know she's healthy otherwise.

The Maris' said...

We will be praying for Jasmyn. I get Migranes too so I sure do feel for her. God is the great physical, so keep your chin up. He will take care of her!!

The Maris' said...

We will be praying for Jasmyn. I get Migranes too so I sure do feel for her. God is the great physical, so keep your chin up. He will take care of her!!