This weekend was a nice one. We pretty much stayed home with a few exceptions and enjoyed being a family!!! These are just a few pics of the girls. As you saw, Jasmyn was taking a nap while Hannah was playing with the tree. It was supposed to be the other way around, Hannah napping and Jasmyn (not playing with the tree) awake. But then again Jasmyn very rarely takes a nap so we enjoyed that as well...now if we could only get them both to nap at the same time... :)
Hannah had fun looking at ornaments and replacing them as she saw fit. Jasmyn had decorated the whole tree herself and really did an excellent job at it. It looks great!! :)
After supper we went out looking at Christmas lights around town. (I should really say we went looking at dark houses with a few exceptions.) We were all really disappointed with the lack of spirit. It seems that every year less and less people are in the spirit or look at it as a hassle. Too many excuses come into play about the weather and lack of time. I know that this may sound really dopey to many of you out there, but our family really enjoys going out as a family, looking at the lights while listening to the Christmas music. It is a bit of a tradition for us. Most of all I love the communication we share while doing it...
"How do we know that December 25th is actually the birthday of Jesus?"
That was a question that Jasmyn asked during our ride. It was also a very good one. It started a whole smorgasbord of conversation. I love that I have an inquisitive daughter that is not afraid to ask those questions and I also love the fact that the Holy Spirit was present with us to help with the answer!
Lights hanging on the eves of houses may not be the way to celebrate Jesus but if helps inspire and lead others to Him we will continue with ours and our tradition.
Here's hoping that Jesus lives within you and is the center of your life! :)
Have a wonderful Christmas season!
4 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful evening. Teresa
i love cats /\_/\
| * * |
\ _V_ /
|___|
0
jasmyn
We love to drive around as a family and look at the lights too! So don't feel like a dope. I wish you guys could see the houses that are decorated here in Rochester they are just breathtaking. Michael and I love to see the "spirit" also.
We also like to look at lights. Sounds like you had a great time, and great conversation!
Post a Comment